|The Liberator @ Liberator.net|
What's New in 2000
Sunday, December 31st, 2000
On this last day of the year 2000, we celebrate it with cartoons-a-plenty. We have a new cartoonist, Gary Clair. He will be contributing work frequently. CLICK HERE to see his latest cartoon, called Mythical. Another one of our cartoonists, Tom Pagels, has updated his portfolio with numerous cartoons. CLICK HERE to see his latest cartoon, called Firearm.
Friday, December 23rd, 2000
Enjoy our latest additions: (1) Francois Tremblay writes The Religion of Evolution, (2) Asoka Selvarajah -- a new contributing spiritualist -- writes Do You Think or Are You Being Thought?
Friday, November 10th, 2000
Three updates to hit The Liberator...
- Francois Tremblay -- Money for Nothing This piece deals with our disproportional tax system, which is in desperate need of an overhaul.
- Gary Sloan -- The ABCs of Atheism Interested in gaining some insight regarding the philosophy of atheism? This article is a great source for those who are seeking information on the topic.
- Mark Liberator -- Internet Peepholes: Who's Watching You? Once again, this author tries to patch up another online privacy problem.
Sunday, October 22nd, 2000
- Francois Tremblay's article New World Order Hijinks -- If you're wondering why people are going bonkers over the phrase New World Order, then you need to read this hair-raising article.
- HarryUSA's article Catholic Church Still Champions Medieval Mentality -- Was the Pope's encounter with a possessed girl and the re-release of the 70's film The Exorcist more than a coincidence? Either way, this in-your-face article attacks the ancient ceremony called 'exorcism'.
- Tom Pagels cartoon TV and Violence -- We have been told there is a connection between television violence and behavior. Is there really a connection?
Tuesday, October 17th, 2000
We tweaked the frontpage and gave it a pulldown menu. 'Why?' you ask. (1) Netscape Navigator wasn't handling the code too well, making the frontpage look terrible with that browser and (2) the menu allows us to add many, many helpful links to our pages within a small area. Enjoy.
Friday, October 13th, 2000
We received another article from prominant writer Gary Sloan, called Bible Belt Epistle Wars. See the hidden side of religionists; they are not as friendly as they seem.
Dan Gilio picked up his end of the voucher debate in Public Education Revisited. Mark Liberator quickly wrote a response, The Voucher Battle: Public Debate over Privatized Education. Whether you are a parent, teacher, student or humble community member, this ongoing debate should concern you.
Sunday, October 8th, 2000
The Summer Olympics may be over but issues still remain. Read Francois Tremblay's latest article: Drugged-Out Olympics.
Sunday, October 1st, 2000
We were slightly off our schedule but updates have finally hit the electronic press.
- Francois Tremblay out did himself again with his latest work: The God Inside, which will explain why so many people are deluded by religion.
- Check out Tom Pagel's index page to find two new cartoons: (1) The FBI and (2) Employment Figures.
Friday, September 22nd, 2000
After two-weeks of stasis we have many, many updates...
- Enjoy our new staff cartoonist, Tom Pagels. He graces this e-zine with three political cartoons that will lighten your day.
- Read how Chicago's Mayor Richard Daley is having no luck stomping on our gun rights. HarryUSA, a guestwriter who will hopefully contribute more articles in the future, writes Judge Trashes Chicago's Gun Lawsuit.
- A second guestwriter, Gary Sloan, brings us Did Jesus Exist and Does It Matter? -- an informative, controversial look at the main Christian character.
- Do you think your Internet experience is private? Think again and read Cookies: Taking a Bite out of Privacy Invasion.
Friday, September 8th, 2000
Read our latest article by Francois Tremblay: Deregulation Fever.
Friday, August 18th, 2000
Two updates --
- Francois Tremblay brings us Child Labour: The Forced Volunteerism Oxymoron -- an article that attacks mandatory volunteerism in schools.
- We have a new picture tribute! Mark Liberator interviewed Wendy B. and has put the session to 'paper.' A number of sexy photos compliment the piece.
Friday, August 11th, 2000
After a year-long investigation, Mark Liberator is unveiling the result. The name of the report is CompuServe or CompuScam: An ISP Plagued by Incompetence. Anyone who is either thinking about using CompuServe's service or is presently using it must read the report.
Friday, August 4th, 2000
Francois Tremblay brings us Hitler Pizza. He serves up a reflection on the negatives caused by a hotbed of anti-discimination in society today.
Friday, July 28th, 2000
- SFX, a guest writer, blesses us with his thoughts on Dr. Kevorkian with a piece called Free Kevorkian.
- Mark Liberator continues his assault on ignorance with his latest article, called Small Arms, Big Issues.
- [drumroll] We have a new picture tribute! See Eden Carpenter in the flesh along with a rivoting interview.
Saturday, July 22nd, 2000
Read Deluded Viewing. You will be shocked to learn that the government spends a considerable amount of money studying psychic phenomena.
Friday, July 14th, 2000
Francois Tremblay's latest article, Sacred Genes, allows us to peer into the can-of-worms created by genome research.
Friday, July 7th, 2000
Read Hyper-Multiculturalism: Encouraging Comparative Religion in Education by Mark Liberator. It's a curved path that will hopscotch the reader through comparative religion, multiculturalism, global economic competitiveness, and more!
Saturday, July 1st, 2000
We have three items to report...
Tell us what you think of these items by clicking HERE.
- Francois Tremblay's Not a Prayer: The Supreme Court Rules Against Public Prayer provides superb insight on a Supreme Court decision.
- Mark Liberator's Pursuing Virtue: Truth, Justice and the American Way points a finger at the heart of our nation's ills.
- Da-Hsiung Hsia's FuelGauge.jpg addresses the summer fuel situation in the U.S.
Saturday, June 24th, 2000 [Late Evening Update]
Joining us, we have Da-Hsiung Hsia -- staff cartoonist. He will be contributing work on a regular basis so make sure to check back often for updates. Click on his name to view three excellent, issue-orientated cartoons.
Friday, June 23rd, 2000
Our latest article deals with an attack on personal freedoms, called Police States of America, written by Francois Tremblay.
Friday, June 2nd, 2000
The Liberator has two articles...and a joke...
- Francois Tremblay's latest article, Taking a Napster: From Metallica to Free Speech takes us on a peculiar voyage where we encounter the latest in music distribution and possible infringements on Internet freedoms.
- John Shelby Spong: A Revolutionary, Rational Anti-Religionist by Mark Liberator places a spotlight on a noteworthy religious leader you should know.
- You're bound to enjoy Miz Moxie's Things To Do In An Elevator .
Friday, May 26th, 2000
Read Digital Demons! Francois Tremblay takes a look where normal men wouldn't dare. It's a glimpse behind the curtain.
Friday, May 19th, 2000
Our latest article, Revising Our Prejudices, takes a look at the Holocaust and freedom of speech. This article was inspired by the Irving trial. [David Irving is a historical revisionist who has sued Deborah Lipstadt for her latest book which states that Irving is distorting the truth regarding the Holocaust.]
Sunday, May 14th, 2000
Lesson: Things are not always what they appear to be.
Learn about the surprise twist to The Million Man March and its leader, Donna Dees-Thomases. There is certainly more going on than a simple rally of concerned mothers. Click HERE to read the news brief along with multiple sources that connects this 'simple' housewife to the Clintons and a gun-grabbing political agenda.
Friday, May 12th, 2000
The Liberator has two more articles. Francois Tremblay wraps up his three part series on Littleton, CO. It's called Columbine Innocence, The Consequences of Relativism. Bruno VanderVelde wrote a piece addressing the hot-button issue of awarding money to the descendants of slaves. It's called, Reparations for What? Both articles are timely and important to the American mindscape.
Also, The Liberator has acquired a new bulletin board system. We plan on phasing out the original board altogether in about a month. The original board is still open for business but don't get too attached to those posts as they will soon be recycled to the great electron bin in the sky. Both boards can be accessed HERE. When the original board is finally deleted from the system, our main page will point directly to the new board.
Sunday, May 7th, 2000
Check out the latest review of a religious site: CLICK HERE.
Friday, May 5th, 2000
We have two new articles...
- Francois Tremblay's second part to Columbine Innocence, Video Game Killers takes a look at the media's part in this historic tragedy.
- Mark Liberator has us look at the underbelly of the National Security Agency with Project Echelon: A Real X-File.
Sunday, April 30th, 2000
Damn straight we work on Sundays! We're not afraid of Moses because he's dead. [Xstains see Numbers 15:32-36 for the unusual, yet shocking, reference, he said while running from stones.]
Welcome our latest Liberator's Lady: Ginger Lee. She is a model out of Maine. Mark Liberator did an extensive interview and posed many poignant questions, learning a lot about her. You eastcoasters, look alive!
Without much arm twisting, Darion, our featured model from a week ago, has decided to grace this site with her word processing skills by writing a few articles. We loved her pictures and interview and I'm sure we are going to love her unique perspective. In the mean time, if you have not seen her picture tribute, don't wait another second -- CLICK HERE.
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!" You must have listened to those directions well because you haven't been noticing some behind-the-scenes changes that have been going on with The Liberator. It also means that the webmaster isn't too bad. [Editor grins...]
Saturday, April 29th, 2000
We got tired of seeing people get depressed not being able to find website reviews on religious sites, so we created a new section. It's called Religious Website Reviews and it can be found within the ULC section. If you would like for our minister to review a site, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, April 28th, 2000
Get ready to read four, count 'em four, new articles...
Note: These articles have been supplimented with photos, some of which are extremely graphic and may be unsuitable for young viewers due to violence.
- [Evening Edition] Rights vs. Responsibilities: Frivolous Lawsuits and the American Way
- Columbine Innocence: Exploiting the Children (part 1 of 3) by Francois Tremblay
- Curing the Soul with Water: Homeopathy Revealed by Francois Tremblay
- Skydiving: A Metaphor for Living by Mark Liberator
Sunday, April 23rd, 2000
Just in time for Easter...
- News Brief: Jesus Sightings! Reports are coming in all over the globe concerning the appearance of Mary's bastard child.
- Picture Tribute: Darion Take a look at our latest tribute, which includes a personal interview.
Saturday, April 21st, 2000
'What does Christianity, Pokémon and Public Schools have in common?' you ask. Read Francois Tremblay's latest article: Gotta Ban 'em All.
Friday, April 15th, 2000
Francois Tremblay investigates humor with his latest piece, called When Humour Stops Being Funny. Discover the origins and limits of this human enterprise.
Saturday, April 8th, 2000
Gun-ownership is under attack by governments on a global scale. The ability to strip citizens of their gun-rights is without basis and the consequences are staggering! Read Francois Tremblay's article Declining Freedom in Britain: A Government on the Rampage to learn about the problems surrounding an unprotected populace.
[Editor's Note: This article serves as an extremely important vehicle for determining whether or not gun-banning is a worthwhile cause.]
Friday, April 7th, 2000
Bruno VanderVelde writes his thoughts on the Census in Census 2000: Questionable Questions. It's an article that covers a brief history of the Census and what it has mutated into up to the current entity.
Thursday, March 30th, 2000
Does religion and science blend well or are they like vinegar and oil? Francois Tremblay gives you his view as it relates to The Templeton Prize in, The Illusion of Consilience.
Monday, March 27th, 2000
Once again, it's time to pay our taxes! Should we be paying so much? Read a rationalization that will make your head spin as you file your forms: Paying Taxes in the U.S.
Saturday, March 25th, 2000
Online discussions with a CompuServe volunteer have given us some evidence as to the internal workings of the corporate behemoth. As a result, we have updated our Better Business section. An informed decision is a good decision so investigate this section before making any commitments with CompuServe.
Thursday, March 23rd, 2000
The Pope's decision to apologize for the Catholic Church's evil deeds didn't go unnoticed by Francois Tremblay, our crack staff writer. In A Religious Pope-Dream, Francois points out many flaws that will either resonate within you or shock you. It's certainly excellent readin'.
Tuesday, March 21st, 2000
The Liberator has acquired yet another staff writer. His name is Bruno VanderVelde. He's very familiar with the power of the pen, as you will see from his first article to hit these pages. It's called, NRA Shoots Own Foot.
Sunday, March 19th, 2000
It's been a very long time since our last spiritual service! You devout followers of thought... You self-enlisted soldiers against ignorance... Here is our latest spiritual service: Religious Parrots: Introducing the Bird to the Cat.
Saturday, March 18th, 2000
The Microsoft struggle against the government's anti-trust accusations is the focus of Francois Tremblay's latest article: Barbarians Led by the DoJ. It will change your mind about the demonization of Microsoft.
Tuesday, March 14th, 2000
Government Insider Witnesses Gremlins! We are proud to unveil the truth about this government conspiracy in an exclusive news brief. Click here to read this convincing story.
Sunday, March 12th, 2000
The Pope makes a historic pardon request for Catholic Church sins. Read the details in our News Briefs section.
Thursday, March 9th, 2000
Staff writer Francois Tremblay unleashes his first article to hit The Liberator, called Herding Cats: Why Atheism Will Lose. We expect Franky to crank out more of these thought-provoking works, so check back soon for more!
Wednesday, March 8th, 2000
The Liberator would like to welcome aboard a new staff writer, Francois Tremblay. He comes to us with an extensive amount of experience and ability. Look for his latest thoughts [coming soon] in our articles section.
Saturday, February 26th, 2000
A Colorado attorney is suing the city of Denver for infringing on his right to carry a gun. See our News Briefs section for the story.
Click HERE to see what was new at The Liberator in 1999.